Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back in Black

I decided to start blogging again, I had a blog on Myspace and it attracted more readers than I expected and I enjoyed the outlet. Then I got hooked on Facebook and Myspace fell by the wayside.

Years ago, when I had my first computer I started working on a book of memoirs, musings, and random thoughts. It was gonna be titled "More Than a Touch of Gray- Adventures of a Reborn Hippie". Well here I am more than a decade later, a lot more gray and hopefully a little hipper.

I grew up in Sacramento, CA, 90 miles from the corner of Haight and Ashbury. In 1967 I was a wide eyed 15 year old, totally captivated by the cultural developments emminating from San Francisco, changes cultural, spiritual, artistic, musical , and pharmacological.

This has been a thread that has run through my whole life. I drifted away, into materialism and then into a downward spiral. After 15 years I hit bottom, and there and then I rediscovered a whole world that was still keeping the values and experiences of those days alive.

20 more years have passed and everyday I realize that I have been part of a world changing movement. Joseph Campbell was taken to a Grateful Dead show and he said that what it was was the creation of the newest tribe on the planet. I totally agree and am a proud member of that tribe. And I realize that the more I am true to the values I learned back then, the better my life has gotten.

This blog and everything I do is dedicated to my best friend and wife, the visual artist TJ Lev, who helped find my way back to where I once belonged.

So let's get on with the show..........

2 comments:

  1. Awe honey! I love you too!!! Thanks for the dead-ication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can help me spruce this up.

    ReplyDelete